Who We Are
We are a group of dentists, hygienists, and allied health care professionals at varying stages of our careers (student, practicing, and retired) that come together to show Christ's love to the people of San Raymundo by providing for their oral health care needs.
We are proud to be a part of a local "clinic/hospital" in San Raymundo that provides care to the more than 25,000 local residents living nearby. Our vision is to bring the love of Christ to the community through the provision of dental care that meets the standard of care that patient's would receive in a developed country like the United States or England.
We have been blessed with a facility that we can transform into 21 dental delivery stations along with an operating room suite that can provide care for 4 patients under general anesthesia at a time.
We have been a part of the community of San Raymundo since 2008. During this time, we have provided dental care to approximately 500-750 children every year. Not only do we provide restorative dental care, we also bring toothbrushes and toothpaste and each child receives oral hygiene instructions to help prevent future decay.
We want to continue to grow our facilities to better serve the community. In particular, we are looking to finish out a second story dental clinic along with outfitting and equipping the OR for dental surgery.
We also are looking to partner with dental suppliers for the many supplies needed to care for the hundreds of children and adults we see every year.
It was wonderful and truly gratifying to glorify God through helping many children in Guatemala. Although I came to this mission trip to help others, I realized that all the people of Guatemala and our team, offered me more than I could ever imagine." - Bethany
Future Hopes and Dreams
1. Serve a total of over 1,000 children during our week of service.
2. Cultivate a closer working relationship with the faculty and students of Universidad Francisco Marroquin to enable a pediatric dental rotation outreach that would enable more frequent visits for each child.
3. Establish an oral surgery room where pediatric specialists can perform full mouth rehabilitation on children with the use of sedation or general anesthesia.
4. Organize a "wisdom tooth" extraction clinic (including the acquisition of a digital panoramic x-ray machine and other necessary equipment).
5. Expand our prevention program by providing oral hygiene instructions/dietary counseling and toothbrushes/toothpaste for every child in the San Raymundo area.
6. Establish an orthodontic clinic to help correct the malocclusion caused by the severe decay/loss of teeth many children experience here.
7. Expand our services to include adult dental clinics (including acquiring a CAD-CAM milling machine to fabricate crowns/bridges in 1 hour).
How Can You Help?
Prayer is first and foremost on our minds. We are not just a humanitarian mission seeking to care for the physical needs of the community, we are seeking to follow the Great Commission and care for the spiritual needs of the community as well.
Financial support is key to any non-profit's success. We currently rely on financial donations to purchase the supplies, materials, and support (housing, food, etc), that we need to complete our trip every year.
We are always seeking to bring any team member who wants to serve alongside us!